Clopay Impact Resistant Windows
The 2002 Florida Building Code requires homes in most coastal areas have windows installed that can withstand 350 foot-pounds of impact energy. Clopay impact resistant windows meet this new, stricter code.
• Smooth, structurally enhanced window frame.
• Strong, durable, UV resistant, clear LEXAN™ glazing.
• Offered on Clopay WindCode® garage doors up to W6 (not available in Miami-Dade or Broward Counties).
• Available in white, brown, sandstone, and almond colors.
The following designs are available on Clopay's Value Series garage doors:
Use a clean sponge or a soft cloth and wash the window surface with a mild soap and lukewarm water. Rinse well with clean water. Dry thoroughly with a chamois or moist cellulose sponge to prevent water spots. Do not scrub or use brushes on this product. The following cleaning agents have been found compatible with LEXAN™:
- VM&P grade Naphtha
- Top Job*
- Palmolive Liquid**
- Freon T.F.
- Windex with Ammonia D***
*Registered Trademarks of Procter & Gamble. **Registered Trademark of Colgate Palmolive. ***Registered Trademark of the Johnson Diversey Consumer Branded Professional Products.
Repairing Hairline Scratches
Scratches and minor abrasions can be minimized by using a mild automobile polish. Test a small area with the product prior to using it on a complete window. Three products that are marketed to polish and fill scratches are:
- Johnson Paste Wax
- Novus Plastic Polish #1 & #2 (Novus, Inc., Minneapolis, MN)
- Mirror Glaze Plastic Polish (M.G. M10) (Mirror Bright Polish Co., Pasadena, CA)
Graffiti / Paint Removal
The following products can be used to remove graffiti or paint from a LEXAN™ panel:
- Butyl cellosolve
- Masking tape, adhesive tape or lint removal tools work well for lifting off old weathered paints
- To remove labels, stickers, etc., the use of kerosene, VM&P naphtha or petroleum spirits is generally effective. When the solvent will not penetrate the sticker material, apply heat (hair dryer) to soften the adhesive and promote removal.
Important Cleaning "Don't's"
- DO NOT use abrasive or highly alkaline cleaners
- Never scrape LEXAN™ with squeegees, razor blades or other sharp instruments
- Benzene, gasoline, acetone or carbon tetrachloride should never be used
- DO NOT clean LEXAN™ in hot sun or at elevated temperatures