CHOOSE YOUR GARAGE DOOR OPENER
There are a variety of garage door openers with various features and benefits – sometimes it can be confusing.
GARAGE DOOR OPENERS DIFFER BY...
- 1/3 for lightweight doors.
- 1/2 horsepower for most doors.
- 3/4 horsepower for larger or heavier doors.
- Belt drive is quietest and requires the least amount of maintenance.
- Chain and screw drives are more durable but may require more maintenance.
- AC is most common.
- DC motors offer softer starting/stopping as well as some battery pickup options that can be helpful if there is a power failure.