- Tracks: Track is 2" or 3" depending on size and preference.
- Vertical Tracks: Shall be minimum of 16-gauge galvanized steel tapered and mounted to provide wedge-shaped sealing action (2" track or 3" track, depending on door size).
- Horizontal Tracks: To be minimum 14-gauge galvanized steel, reinforced with minimum 13-gauge galvanized steel angles required. 3" track to be 12-gauge. All track, vertical mounting angles and brackets will be ASTM A-526 commercial quality steel minimum 16-gauge thickness, G-40 minimum hot dipped galvanized. Horizontal track will be reinforced with continuous angle of adequate length and gauge to prevent deflection.
- Spring Counterbalance: Door assembly to be operated by a torsion spring counterbalance mechanism, with a helically wound, oil tempered torsion spring mounted on a steel shaft. Cable drums are die cast aluminum with high strength galvanized aircraft cable with a minimum 7:1 safety factor. Shall be factory calibrated springs to match site specifications. Shall provide a minimum of 10,000 cycles. 25,000, 50,000, and 100,000 cycle springs are available.
- Shaft: Steel tube will be supplied depending on door size and springing, otherwise solid shaft will be supplied. Solid shaft, where tubing is standard, can be specified. All tubing/shafting will have a minimum of 3 load bearing plates side/spring anchors. Solid shaft is strongly recommended for Jackshaft operators.
- Download Instructions:
Clopay's Track Specs are available for download in PDF format. Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or better is required.
Computer configurations vary. If you cannot open DWG or DXF files:
- Right click on the DWG or DXF icon
- then "Save File As" to a file on your computer
- then open in your CAD program.
DWG files can be downloaded and opened in most CAD systems. Download a free DXF/DWG viewer.