- Tracks: — Track is 2" or 3" depending on size and preference.
- Vertical Tracks: — Shall be minimum of 16-gauge galvanized steel tapered and mounted to provide wedge-shaped sealing action (2" track or 3" track, depending on door size).
- Horizontal Tracks: — To be minimum 14-gauge galvanized steel, reinforced with minimum 13-gauge galvanized steel angles required. 3" track to be 12-gauge. All track, vertical mounting angles and brackets will be ASTM A-526 commercial quality steel minimum 16-gauge thickness, G-40 minimum hot dipped galvanized. Horizontal track will be reinforced with continuous angle of adequate length and gauge to prevent deflection.
- Spring Counterbalance: — Door assembly to be operated by a torsion spring counterbalance mechanism, with a helically wound, oil tempered torsion spring mounted on a steel shaft. Cable drums are die cast aluminum with high strength galvanized aircraft cable with a minimum 7:1 safety factor. Shall be factory calibrated springs to match site specifications. Shall provide a minimum of 10,000 cycles. 25,000, 50,000, and 100,000 cycle springs are available.
- Shaft: — Steel tube will be supplied depending on door size and springing, otherwise solid shaft will be supplied. Solid shaft, where tubing is standard, can be specified. All tubing/shafting will have a minimum of 3 load bearing plates side/spring anchors. Solid shaft is strongly recommended for Jackshaft operators.
Clopay's Track Specs are available for download in PDF format. Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or better is required.
Computer configurations vary. If you cannot open DWG or DXF files:
- Right click on the DWG or DXF icon
- then "Save File As" to a file on your computer
- then open in your CAD program.
DWG files can be downloaded and opened in most CAD systems. Download a free DXF/DWG viewer.